CEREC® Same-Day Dentistry in Seattle, WA
How Do We Create a Crown in Just One Visit?
First, your CEREC® dentist examines your tooth and identifies the appropriate treatment. If the best course is a crown, she will prepare the tooth for restoration.
Next, Dr. Kollia and Dr. Fu will use a 3D color camera to capture a digital image. This is projected onto the computer so your dentist can start the design.
Using the CAM/CAD software, your Seattle dentist designs the restoration. Once complete, the data is sent to the milling machine and your custom-made crown is crafted in 10-15 minutes.
Finally, the new crown is placed in your mouth to ensure a comfortable fit and bite. The crown is then glazed and bonded into place, leaving you with a beautiful, functional smile.
Seattle Dentistry Performed in One Day
Our trained dentists design, create, and place your metal-free restoration in one visit.
‘‘Thank you so much! My teeth look amazing, not only did you make them much whiter, you fixed a chip - there is no trace that it was broken! Plus, you have a great team to work with! What a great experience.’’
Birdie G. (Aesthetica Patient)
Everything You Need to Know About CEREC® Crowns in Seattle, WA
- What does CEREC® stand for? Chairside: The technology is in the dental operatory and used while you are in the chair.
Economical: The procedure is economical for both dentist and patient.
Restorations: The procedure restores your tooth to its natural beauty, function, and strength.
Esthetic: The restorations are metal-free and tooth-colored.
Ceramic: High-strength ceramics are used that are close in composition to your natural tooth structure.
- Why might I need a CEREC® Crown? Dental crowns are most commonly required due to:
- Severe tooth decay
- A broken, chipped, or damaged tooth
- Extreme discoloration of a tooth
- After a root canal
- To finish a dental implant
- How durable are CEREC® Crowns? With a solid hygiene routine and proper care, your new crown is more durable than traditional crowns and can last for years.
- How long will my CEREC® appointment last? The majority of CEREC® treatments will only take about two hours, possibly longer if multiple restorations are needed.
- CEREC® Crowns vs Traditional Crowns – What’s the Difference? Traditional Crowns: There are times when your experienced dentist may recommend traditional crowns, however, these crowns take longer, require multiple appointments, and use temporaries. This is because traditional crowns demand manual impressions and must be fabricated at a dental lab.
CEREC® Crowns: Modern technology gives our dentists the equipment and software needed to place a crown in a single visit. There are no impressions or temporaries. Instead, we take images of your tooth using an innovative 3D camera and design the crown digitally in-house. The crown is then created using a milling machine and placed into your mouth.
Learn more about how CEREC® Same-Day Crowns can save you time in our blog!
Get Your One-Visit CEREC® Masterpiece
Our expert Cosmetic Dentists are ready to give you the smile of your dreams!