Keep your teeth and gums healthy with a checkup at Aesthetica Contemporary Dentistry.
Maintain Great Oral Health with Regular Checkups
Frequent dental exams can prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
When did you last visit a dentist for a full dental exam? If it’s been too long, but you’re afraid or embarrassed for whatever reason, then it’s time to rethink the importance of your oral health and its impact on your overall health.
Undetected dental issues can become serious health problems, costing more time, money, and stress.
Dental visits are far from scary at Aesthetica Contemporary Dentistry. Our team ensures you’re comfortable from the moment you walk into our office. Your visit will either be for a general check-up, a specific exam, or a cleaning procedure.
Regular dental exams can help prevent:
Your overall health depends on your oral health, which is why exams and oral cancer screenings at the dentist are such a big deal.
Why Schedule a Dental Exam?
Here are just a few reasons why you should schedule a dental checkup today.
Maintain a healthy and beautiful smile with frequent exams or correct existing issues.
Peace of Mind
Prevention and early detection are the keys to the health and longevity of your teeth and gums.
Your oral health affects so many other parts of your body.
How Dental Exams Work
Our dentist in Seattle, WA makes checkups easy and pain-free.
A happy, healthy smile starts with well-maintained teeth and gums. In addition to taking care of your teeth by brushing and flossing at home, we recommend a dental exam every six months.
A dental exam with Aesthetica Contemporary Dentistry in Seattle, WA is a stress-free process:
- Step 1 If it’s your first time visiting our office, schedule a dental exam appointment, and we’ll discuss payment options over the phone. We accept many types of dental insurance plans.
- Step 2 We’ll safely and quickly complete an x-ray if needed. Once complete, the dentist will review the x-ray, examine your teeth, gums, and bite, and conduct an oral cancer screening by gently checking and feeling under the jaw, checking inside the lips, the tongue, and sides, as well as the floor and roof of the mouth.
- Step 3 Once we have carried out a full examination and gathered the information needed. We will discuss with you any required procedures, which may include an additional appointment for a cleaning or other procedures.
Once your dental exam is complete, the dentist will provide tips for maintaining oral health or recommended steps to prevent and treat issues such as cavities, gum disease, or cosmetics.
Sit back and relax; we’re a judgment-free zone and are here to answer any questions that you may have. Prevention and early detection are crucial to maintaining a beautiful and healthy smile.
FAQ About Dental Exams
- What does a dental exam include? A dental exam examines your mouth, including the teeth, gums, tongue, jaw, and neck. After completing the x-rays, the dentist performs an exam by looking at your x-rays and mouth. We aim to ensure you’re staying healthy and maintaining your oral health long-term.
Besides ensuring you’re brushing and flossing correctly, our dentist checks for existing tooth decay issues, gum disease, potential bone loss, and jaw and bite alignment. If you have any cavities or crowns, we check to ensure they don’t need fixing or replacing.
Our dentist in Seattle, WA, also performs an oral cancer screening at each exam because early detection is vital to long-term health.
The dental exam is pain-free, and preventive health care can stop problems before they arise or worsen. After the exam, we’ll discuss anything of concern and the next steps. Feel free to ask questions about your teeth and gums; we’re here to help.
- How long do dental exams take? A dental checkup can take up to an hour for our dentist to thoroughly check your teeth and gums’ health. Each patient is different, so the exact time it takes to complete an exam varies from patient to patient.
- Does a dental exam hurt?
Dental exams do not hurt. Our team at Aesthetica Contemporary Dentistry in Seattle, WA is here to make you feel comfortable from start to finish.
If you have dental anxiety and are afraid of going to the dentist, please let us know, and we’ll take extra steps to ease your dental fear and stress. Maybe you haven’t been to the dentist in a long time, but please don’t worry about starting your visits up again. We don’t judge anyone and are happy to help you maintain a healthy smile (even if that means you’re a little late with your visit).
- What does the dentist do on a first visit? On a first visit, our dentist completes a dental exam consisting of checking your teeth and gums, x-rays, and performing an oral cancer screening.
Don’t be afraid to ask any questions on your first exam. Please let us know if there’s anything on your mind regarding your oral health.
- Is it bad not to go to the dentist?
Yes, it’s bad to avoid the dentist.
Your oral health affects your overall health, so it’s important to schedule regular dentist visits. Neglecting to see a dentist for an exam puts you at risk for tooth and gum disease, including cavities and gingivitis. Undetected tooth and gum damage may be irreversible and may end up costing you more to fix in the long run.
Dentists also complete cancer screenings of the mouth. By doing so, cancer can be detected early, which is vital to successful treatment. Additionally, problems in the mouth can affect other parts of your body. A few examples of related diseases include heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.
Even if you no longer have natural teeth, it’s important to see a dentist who can check for other dental issues in your mouth. A healthy mouth is important for a healthy, happy body.
Stay healthy by scheduling a dental exam with Aesthetica Contemporary Dentistry in Seattle, WA.
Maintain Your Healthy Teeth and Gums
Schedule a routine dental exam in Seattle, WA.